NCRCO Membership & Meetings
Benefits of Membership
- Opportunity for participation on a national Republican organization committee, to serve as a Committee Chair, a multi-state Regional Director, or as an Officer.
- If your performance in county office has been exemplary, to become a candidate for our annual “Republican County Official of the Year” achievement award.
- To network with Republican peers from throughout the United States at our semi-annual meetings.
- To receive the informative semi-annual NCRCO newsletters “GOP Courier”.
- Our NCRCO elected President attends the Republican National Committee meetings.
- No charge for attendance to our twice a year social receptions with wonderful hors d’oeuvres and special national scene Republican speakers.
- Historically our NCRCO President is scheduled to address the Republican National Convention (in non-prime time) when it convenes.
- To enjoy our current excellent liaison with the White House Office of Intergovernmental Affairs (in the West Wing).
- An NCRCO membership card, logo lapel pin, Conference identity ribbons, and voting rights at all called meetings.
- We have face-to-face contact at our semi-annual meetings, which are forums for discussion, and consistently communicate through newsletters, emails, telephone conference calls, and other viable means.
- NCRCO members exchange information with their counterparts across the country, learn diverse and differing methodologies, and open their thought process to new techniques.
- Receive “Talking Points” on national Republican initiatives, describing their effect, and updates on behind-the-scenes Republican news.
HISTORY OF NCRCO
The National Conference of Republican County Officials (NCRCO) was organized and formed in 1979 as a Caucus within the National Association
of Counties (NACo).
Membership is available to all Republican County Officials, elected or appointed, in positions such as County Commissioner, Treasurer, Sheriff, Clerk of Court, Tax Collector, Recorder, Trustee, Juror, Judge, Property Appraiser, Supervisor of Elections, School Board Member, and other related titles throughout the United States, upon payment of annual dues.
Over the years the number of NCRCO annual dues paying members has grown from a handful to over 600. The potential pool for membership has likewise varied from about 10,000 to current estimates of 22,000.
NCRCO has been and is a grassroots organization where members come together and form a collective force to advance the Republican philosophy from a local elected official vantage point. Our goal is to encourage Republican County Officials to participate in a united national effort and strengthen our entire political process.
NCRCO meetings are held semi-annually in conjunction with the NACo Legislative Conference in Washington, D.C. during late February or early March of each year, and the NACo Annual Conference scheduled for a different county in the United States every July
OBJECTIVES of NCRCO
- To further the ideals of the Republican Party through regular contact and association with peers at semi-annual meetings, by Internet and other communication channels.
- To assist in building a grassroots Republican network that will help elect more Republicans at the local, state, and national levels.
- To define, clarify, and discuss ideas or proposals supported by Republican County Officials, and to disseminate positions we adopt.
- To provide the opportunity for Republican County Officials to unite in their efforts to inform federal officeholders and administrators of the needs of local government, and concerns as to the impact of federal programs, from a Republican viewpoint.
- To foster loyalty to the Republican Party and to promote its principles and platform by all Republican candidates in all elections.
- To provide a forum from which to participate in, comment upon, or consider official policies and actions of the National Association of Counties (NACo).
- To serve as a national voice from the local level and advance public understanding of the role counties play in American politics.
Download the NCRCO Membership Application